We hope you’re all as excited as we are about Houston Startup Weekend tonight! Here are some final details for you:
- Doors open tonight at 5:30 PM at the Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture, University of Houston. Directions and parking information can be found here.
- A pizza dinner will be waiting for you on upon your arrival. For entertainment, Andrew Karnavas will be playing and a Smilebooth photobooth available for taking pictures.
- We will officially kick off the event at 6:45 PM. Our speaker for the evening will be Founders Talk host Adam Stacoviak.
- The Friday night pitching process will be explained at the event, but here are a few key points in the meantime:
- Pitches are 60 seconds. This will be strictly enforced.
- You may have just one chance to pitch tonight, depending on how many people want to pitch tonight. So – pitch your best idea first.
- No Powerpoints will be used — just your voice.
- Throughout the weekend, photographs and video/audio recordings will be taken of attendees, the competition, and all the excitement. We want to capture the event for you to share with your friends and family afterwards. More information can be found on our Photos page.
- Please bring a valid ID showing your age, if you plan on drinking wine or beer at any time during the event. If you are a student, please also remember to bring your student ID.
Links to additional information, including tips on how to prepare, what to expect, and what to bring, can be found on the Event Info page, along with the latest Event Agenda.
See you later today.
– The Startup Weekend Organizers